Thursday, April 2, 2015

VenuG Presents: I'm VenuG AKA @Venuspeak a Music Freak, somewhere between Priya Ramani, Aakar Patel & @MusicAloud

I'm VenuG AKA @Venuspeak  a music freak.
I hear all kinds of music. I write lyrics, compose music & sing myself at the drop of the hat.
My source of Music is the Bands I mentor, a huge number, the ones I mentored long ago, my .यस.य.यय.य..यय, ., य friends on Facebook & Twitter, Saavn & Gaana, Soundcloud , Reverbnation, YoॉॽंयuTube, Spotify, Shazam, the list is long.
Last week I read three major articles. A blog by my Twitter Buddy and a similar music aficionados @MusicAloud a review of music of new movie, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy , in which, my daughter plays a lead role. HERE
Second an article on theme tune of Sholay a brilliant & detailed, as well as well informed one. By Aakar Patel in Mint Weekend edition, Mint Lounge titled
The ‘Sholay’ title theme: a symphonic triumph 

Read more at: http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/llWQglnUYfgjacWV43pkbO/The-Sholay-title-theme-a-symphonic-triumph.html?utm_source= HERE
And an editorial piece by @priyaramani AKA Priya Ramani editor Mint weekend editionedition, Mint Lounge, on why there are no good lyrics songs these days.
HEREHERE
Titled ".  The Emितपraan Hashmi age of Hindi film music "

Read more at: http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/FJqjtKJLldxp75oIPpqedM/The-Emraan-Hashmi-age-of-Hindi-film-music.html?utm_source=copyThe reason why I'm writing this is the third one.
Among the three, Priya I presume is the Aam Aadmi Consumer, who listens to music on the move, while jogging/walking/travelling. She discovers music on Apps she admits.
But strangely she hasn't heard the current Atif Aslam Hit "Jeena Jeena"?
I shall finish this after this Byomkesh Bakshy Preview. HERE.

To be continued.
I would request Priya to listen to the following numbers.





1 Jabse Tere Naina Mere Nainon She Laage rey...
2 Amanat Ali Khan Fuzon Khamaj
3 Qurbaan Hua
4 Galiyaan
5 Muskurane Ki Wajah Tum Ho
6 Jeena Jeena
7 Maahi We Mohabbatiyan Sachiya Wet(Maahi Song she hasn't heard)
8 Zahenaseeb (I suggest Priya learn Urdu learn Kaafiya in Shair-o-shayari)
Watch Rekha Starrer Khoobsurat for what Kaafiya means, no NOT KaapiYa?)
9 Dil To Bachcha Hai jee
10 Nadaan Parindey
The music is no longer the 50s poetry & romance, really post 2000 "MUSIC" has become central. However I may hate Yo Yo but I can dance to Neela Pani or Chittiyan Kalaiyan Vey!
Music is lyrics , music & beats.
Some Rock Nazis keep telling me, Kurt Cobain, Morrison & Slash
 I tell them grow up. Madonna & Mj sold millions, so does Taylor Swift, or Sean Kingston or Akon. You don't like it don't, but it is music all right. Grow out of Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones, Beatles rut.
Listen to Madboy Mink's Calcutta Kiss, great words, foot tapping music. Daft Punk made world shake their booty, with Happy.
I hear from Little Richard to Johnny B Goode to B B King, Hard Kaur to Eminem to Amy Winehouse. Yo Yo to Mika to Papon. Come out of the "stereo types." Read @MusicAloud review of Byomkesh Bakshy to know what "range of music " is.




Akar Patel, respect to him went a nauch higher. "Pun intended"
I would Add Karz & Him Kisise Kam nahin. Well my band mate played with Pancham. So know who Manohari/Kersi/Bhupinder Singh are. Add Ek hi khwaab from Kinara too had Bhupinder Singh play acoustic guitar. Like Mohit Chauhan.
Which brings me to a sing from Jab We Met "Tumse hi" & Sarfarosh, my Vadde Praa Jagjit Singh "Hosh waalon ko khabar" Well that's what you call music.
Nain?

Pa pa pa pa Wakaoo Pey pey peu pe pey. Waking.
Remember Waa Was & Trombone & Trumpet Chand Mera Dil Hum kisise kum nahin.
To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment