Tuesday, October 7, 2014

VenuG Presents: Amazon has no chance in Online retail in India. Plus Offline, Online Retail My personal experience.

I had written an earlier post on Online Retail in India titled
"Forbes, Flipkart, Customer Service & VC Funding" link given :->>>>>
(HERE)
That article was as a result of a Rohin Dharmakumar, article in Forbes India, indicating that all was wrong at Flipkart, & That Sachin & Binny Bansal were running Flipkart, like an old boys association of IIT Delhi. He also went on to say, that, Flipkart, was unlikely to raise more than $50 million from VCs & PE Firms, market was valueing Flipkart, more than it actually worth of. There was a lot of buzz for & against this Forbes India Cover Story,
At that time, Mahesh Murthy, was in support of Flipkart Valuations, public at large was making fun of him, Sachin Bansal wrote a letter to Forbes India editor, saying that, Rohin, did not ask any questions , Editor Ashish Sinha, Supported Rohin, via a blog post on Forbes.


I immediately wrote that post, extempore in 30 minutes, it happens to be, one of my most tead all time posts.
   What followed is history. PE firms fell over each other to fund Flipkart, they got $150,milliom then, and since then, many rounds of funding.

Latest being $1 billion.

   The present Situation.
 
    Amazon has finally seen n opportunity in India, even Jeff Bezos has visited India.






      I have seen a couple of posts from Mahesh Murthy, poking fun at Flipkart's business / revenue model & the acquisition merry go round between Flipkart, Snapdeal & Myntra. The three top online retail brands(add Jabong)

     Every pink journalist, from every pink paper, worth his pink chaddi, is trying to be chaddi-buddy of Jeff Bezos, by doing ghud chadi on Bezos' lap. :-)

   Can't you guys realise boys & girls?
Its a chilly game of advertisements silly!
Amazon means big budget, deep pockets &
Moolah & works.
Snapdeal & Flipkart are run by Bania boys.
"Bania agar ek dumdi kharchega to dus kamawega!!"
If a Bania spends 1 dime, he'd bearn ten out of it!!
Gar padto koni khawey to maal koni bechego.
If it isn't worth it,(affordable/profitable) he won't sell anything & will sit quietly.


So when I found, digital marketers, journalist & PR professionals, started talking more & more about Amazon, critical of Flipkart, I was always tweeting in favour of flipkart.
Reason 1. Flipkart pampers & spoils its customers.
Reason 2. Flipkart Team is one big family, like European Ryder Cup Team. With a great captain & good inter-personal communication.

Reason 3. I'm a following Flipkart since birth. Its response is quick, instant & with a killer instinct, in every adversity, it struck hard at its opponents, and struck gold every simgle time(indicator of a great crisis handling TMT)
Reason 4. No international firm, has been able to stay at top of the market share pyramid for long, as THE GORAS HAVE NO BLOODY CLUE, ABOUT HOW INDIAN CUSTOMER BEHAVES, OR INSIGHT INTO INDIAN CUSTOMERS PSYCHE. NOR ARE GORAS CAPABLE OF REPLICATING INDIAN JUGAAD.


Whether it is ITES, BioTech, MNREGA, or Make in India, Indian enterpreneur/customer
changes colour like a chameleon.


An oppurtunity struck me!
Out of blue, wife asked me to avail my Banks Furniture facility worth Rs1?75 lakhs.

Here I was, with Rs1.75 lakhs, ready to buy
1 Sofa
2 Wardrobe
3 Dressing Table
4 Shoe Rack
5 3* 1.5Ton AC
6 6.5Kg FAU Top loading washing machine.
7 Laptop
8 DVD /Multedia Player with 5.1 home theatre.
9. Air printing e-printing printer/fax /copier/scanner.
10.Computer Table.

I don't  know, how many of you know me personally, online or digitally. If you follow my blog regularly & read all my posts, I'm sure, you know by now, that,
I have shared one of my experiences while buying a smartphone, Micromax Unite2 A106, where, I have in detail explained, how, I got a cheaper , better & upgraded version of Micromax Unite2 A106 offline, and how, all the websites, selling it cheaper(though a lower 4Gb version instead of 8Gb available offline) had NO STOCK AT ALL!!!

HERE IS THAT POST "VenuG Presents: Android Phone Essentials for a low cost phone. Micromax Unite2 A106"

"VenuG IS THE WORST MISER EARTH!!!"
"VenuG IS A HARD NUT TO CRACK"
"VenuG IS A MERKETER'S/SELLER'S NOT GHTMARE"
"VenuG INDIA KA SABSE BADA KANJOOS
MAKKHICHOOS MARWARI HAI"

While buying ANYTHING, even if it is worth Rs100/-
I do my online+offline research.
I squeeze the maximum value out of every Rupee I spend.
I'm not brand concious/faithful.
I look at 5Ps of Marketing.
Product, Price, Process, Place, Promotion(least the better, is padded into price)
You could see me wearing a Rs200 watch or a Rs50 YES YOU HEARD RIGHT RS50 T-Shirt!!!
If I ever bought a phone, fridge, TV, on that given day, it is the best deal on earth.
I damn care, if Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Kapil Sharma, Aishwarya Rai , Amitabh Bachchan or Tom Dick or Harry is the brand ambassador.


I research on product tech specs as generic,
Then scour online/offline, compare, decide buy OFFLINE 100%
Trust me, never found a better deal online.
Don't gimme that BS Senheimer Earphone for 99/ Kenstar Blender at Rs1
How many got it on 6th? It is like an IRCTC Tatkal lottery either you get it
Here now gone in 30 seconds like Xiaomi phone !!
What are 30000 units as a % of 1.30,billion Indians?
Bolo to?

But wait!
The GenX GenY NextGen buys on line MOSTLY
They earn in $ rate, spend in $ rate, have no savings, buffer, investments.
Once they marry, they don't buy like Mr & Mrs Verma
When Sasudi visits.
But 2% of 1.3billion is 2.6miilion units.
Which is a huge number.

Here is my conclusion relevabte to Kolkata
On the day & day after Flipkart 1billion day
Between Snapdeal & Amazon Diwali sale.
You can slap me if Amazon succeeds in India.
No they can't
Indian is not a book buyer.
There is hardly any inventory of the 1million products Amazon claims.
When they can't gimme the running models of AC, Laptop, Home Theatre, DVD player, Printer, they better shut shop & stop loss.
Online retail is not Dalal Street
No "Book Profits" here. :-)


Picture uploads tomorrow.
Screen shots. :-)
I have a facebook album of 30 pictures.
Try if you can access it. HERE.
Thank You.

I did some research.
First I went to Alexa.

Flipkart.com is still the top "INDIAN WEBSITE IN FROM INDIA"


Then I did some further research , based on my need of Furniture & Gadgets worth Rs1.75,000.00

And here are the conclusions.

In case you disagree, please comment below.
Hope you like my effort.
Thank You & Keep Smiling.
Happy Navratri, Puja , Eid & Deepawali shopping.

Last two days
Have been revelation
My research on # retail
Electronic products
And Furniture.
A) Offline is better than online as far as
product options are available.
B) Brick & Mortar has newer models, better
discounts & offers vis-à-vis Click & Portal.
C) On cost on a budget of Rs200000/- I save
Rs35000 which is equivalent to a 1.5 Ton
3:Star AC or A 40 inch Full HD LED Tv.
D) Post my promotion of Toshiba Full HD LED
TV ,(28k for 32" others were 40k) which I
bought & shared my experience, prices of
brands like Samsung, Sony have fallen.(now
32" is 14-18k 40" 25-35k)
E) Brick & Mortar is undergoing severe
recession. I saw an average footfall of 4-7 in
20000sft stores like Great Eastern, Khosla,
Ezone had 4!!!
F) Amazon.in is an insult to an online retail, it
shows books as result for brand+model
specific query. For 90% products that I
searched, Amazon had no search results, leave
alone no stock!!!
G) Flipkart was better than Amazon, but many
models that I searched, gave similar models of
the same brand, but not the same ones(older
models)
H) Snapdeal is the site you must go to.
Maximum products at cheapest price, also
gives similar products on the side panel.
30 screenshots uploaded by me, are proof that
Amazon cannot deny. At the best, Amazon is a
book store.
Forget beating fliplkart,
It can't even beat Snapdeal, Jabbong(in shoes)
Myntra(in Apparel.
# OnlineRetail
See my album Online Retail in India.
I agree online is cheaper, but the products
available online are older models.
All sites, do not carry all products.
If Amazon has Spice Android One
Flipkart has Micromax Android One
Snapdeal has Karbonn Android One.
Only Flipkart has Xiaomi.
# DelCredere
# KretaSawdhanRahey
# JaagoGrahakJaago

















































1 comment:

  1. Your blog and posting is very. Your site is very useful for all. Keep sharing and posting.

    ReplyDelete