Friday, September 19, 2014

VenuG Presents: An Open Letter, to Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg & Chris Cox. UI Felt like writing,

Facebook buddy Susmita Srivastava, a verySherryfic wordsmith, poet and art aficionado, wrote this brilliant piece of a Facebook status :
I quote

No fires did ignite her pen
Nor set the page aflame
And all that stared back from the screen
Looked clichéd, trite and lame.
And yet she laughed in deep delight
And shattered several glasses,
Six “brilliants”, thirty seven likes,
Had poured in from the masses.
“How do you do it?” “Marvellous!”
They cried , and shared her status.
Who needs the Muse, when so much love
Awaits all verbal flatus."

Immediately my brain went into a tailspin. As Sushmita, had used adjectives, as reactions to Facebook post, I did not want to use them 
This is how, I reacted.
U & I need to Share the Frame via UI.
A suggestion to Facebook Product designers, to include Frame
In UX & UI, when we share a post.

Kolkata,
Friday, 19th September, 2014.
You have left no adverbs for me,
my excuses are lame,
Hear Ye, #Facebook powers that be,
You didn't design no frames!
Dudes Nick Felton & Joey Flynn,
Hey! How could you be so mean?
Wouldn't it have been so wonderful,
If #UI had frame on the screen?
Hey UI designers at Menlo Park,
Will you please pull your socks?
Ms Sheryl Sandberg, will you pass on,
This poem to Dear Chris Cox?
If you are careful enough,
to show me, that you care,
please listen to this Fb buff,
Let me add frames, when I SHARE!!!
Dear Facebook guys at Hyderabad,
How can you be so bad?
I'm throwing a challenge, in your face,
To redesign MySpace.



Peple referred to here

Mark Zuckerberg.
Sheryl Sandberg.
Chris Cox.
Nick Felton.
Joey Flynn.



Mark Zuckerberg, CEO & Founder, Facebook.


Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook.

Chris Cox, Product Designer, Facebook.

Nicholas Felton with Aaron Swartz.
Nick Felton, designed the new Facebook Timeline & UI & Layout.

Joey Flynn, along with Nick Felton, designed New Timeline + UI
&
Also made the Slingshot App for Facebook.
Pictures, used from
Wikipedia & Business Insider.
I do not own the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment